Ayurveda is a 5000 year old science in which it’s foundation is based on balancing the body through regular detoxification and regular rejuvenation of the body. Ayurveda holds importance in the fact that one should not allow toxins, called AMA to accumulate and spread in the body. Therefore, Ayurvedic daily routines are strongly recommended to aid the body in it’s ability to detoxify and eliminate toxins. Here is a list of daily routines to enhance your overall health.
- wake up before 6 a.m. to make sure that oversleep, lethargy, grogginess, sadness, or depression doesn’t mark the beginning of your day. The ancient texts say waking in the hours between 4:30-6 a.m. allows one to have a more clear and awake mind.
- Eliminate bowels upon rising. If this is an issue for you, come in and make an appointment with Diva Ayurveda to help you naturally eliminate your previous day’s food.
- Dry brush to stimulate the lymph and break up stubborn tissues of the body.
- Perform daily self-massage to lubricate the skin and tissues and allow the body to stay young and supple.
- Neti pot with saline followed by the use of nasal oils which are specialized herbal oils that enhance mood, mental imbalances, and stimulate the limbic system to respond more efficiently in the body.
- Use a tongue scraper, 5x down the tongue to remove AMA that arises to the surface of the body and should be eliminated so your body does not reabsorb toxins.
- Breathe through your nostrils, in and out, for 5 minutes every day.
By doing this, your create routines, body rhythms. The morning is an important time for creating healthy language communication in your body and to start the day fresh from old toxins. Try this routine and see what a difference these small changes can make on your daily life.